Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Resurrection!

Given the title of this blog, it would have made a lot of sense for me to schedule a post like this for Easter. I didn't, so you will have to be content with a "Happy Monday" resurrection post.

The resurrection that I am talking about is the resurrection of Christ Himself. Why is it so important?

God uses Paul to tell us in 1 Corinthians 15. If the resurrection of Christ is not a reality, then our faith is futile! We are still in our sins! Paul goes even further: "if in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable."

If you think "it's nice that Christians have these lofty ideas to think about to get them through the hard times", then you are wrong! Paul says if the resurrection isn't real, then Christians are stupid! They are wasting their time!

If you are a Christian, do you REALLY believe it? Are you ready to affirm that God has conquered death, and that He completed the destruction of death with the resurrection of His Son?
Are you ready to live with an eternal perspective, knowing that we can follow God at the cost of all, because He gave it all for us?

I am not altruistic. I can't do hard and selfless things because they are hard and selfless, or because there is somehow inherent value in denying myself. However, if, in the course of following my risen Savior, I am called to deny myself (and I am; you will be too, if you follow Him) I can do it through His strength, to God's glory. That is a tangible goal, friend. It is what we were created to do; glorify God in everything we do!
And, in God's glorious economy, what glorifies Him is also for the good and glory of those who love Him!

Christian, you are united to Christ!
We love because He first loved us, we live because He lives.

ALLELUIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. If you wish to contact us privately, please mention that in your comment and it will not be published.