Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I am a failure (but Christ has conquered)

Since Papa has been home, we have really felt the hole in our family. When we are all gathered together, we are not all there. We won't be all together until Ana has joined us!

Since Papa has been home, Satan has been trying to convince me that I am not good enough, and God has been reminding me to rely on Him.
It seems like every time I walk into the kitchen I cause some kind of disaster; today I nearly burned down the kitchen by turning on the oven while the towel-wrapped slow cooker was still incubating yogurt--by God's grace I noticed before open flames broke out. The slow cooker should still be usable, it is just a little fuzzy now in the places where the towel fused to it. Yesterday I managed to throw smoothie all over the kitchen while trying to cook something with Porgies on my hip... 
Because I am a sinful person, I am dying to blame someone else for all this, but nobody else is to blame. 
I feel like my life is a series of smaller disasters making up a larger disaster.
But...

"who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”
Romans 9:20

My life may look disastrous (at least to me) but it is not a disaster. It is in the hand of God from beginning to end, and it is accomplishing His purposes!
Also, I feel inadequate because I AM inadequate. If I think that I can be a perfect mom, I am wrong. If I think that I can do any kind of good on my own strength, I am wrong about that too.
God is my strength, and it is by His grace alone that I can do anything worthwhile.

So I will never be good enough.  I will never be organized enough, or flexible enough. I will always end the day wishing that I had been a better mom, or a better wife, or a better friend. 

It is absolutely my comfort that God will always provide for all that He wishes to accomplish in me, my family, and His church, and I can trust him that foolishly burned towels fit in His perfect plan.
No matter how complicated, busy, or painful my life becomes, I will always have rest in Christ who has accomplished perfection on my behalf.
To Him be all praise and glory!


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30



2 comments:

  1. You are just human and who never had the feeling of beeing a failure ??? We all have times like that.
    I believe what ever you will be or do for Ana will be 100 times better then the life she is having in the orphanage. :)
    You are giving her the chance to have a family, and that is the most important thing for her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like God sees only the perfect blood of Christ when he looks on you and your life, your friends and family see God's grace working through you.
    Besides, it probably was not a super tasty smoothie, and God was saving you from it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. If you wish to contact us privately, please mention that in your comment and it will not be published.