There are orphans in Crimea.
There are (were?) American families pursuing those orphans for adoption.
Now, they cannot.
Russians cannot be adopted by Americans.
Because, amid the serious business of jockeying for power and (mostly) appearance of command, our president, Mr. B.O., has been rolled. Again. And again. And again. How serious the dungaree phone call photo-op was! Too bad for the little people. They get lost in the cracks between the egos (or the ids?). But anyway, they couldn't have voted for him (whom? anyone?) anyway. They weren't that important, you know. Not like the clashing paper titans, the shadow-puppets of geopolitics, projecting themselves onto a blank world (or was it inhabited? hmm, didn't notice, must not have mattered) and squabbling just as jerkily and inconclusively as a two-bit wayang-kulit.
But this is gain for a land in every way: a king committed to cultivated fields. - Eccl. 5:9
Thus says the LORD of hosts, Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another, do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart. - Zech. 7:9-10
Do not move an ancient landmark
or enter the fields of the fatherless,
for their Redeemer is strong;
he will plead their cause against you. - Prov. 23:10-11
Glória in excélsis Deo
- et in terra pax homínibus bonae voluntátis.
- Laudámus te,
- benedícimus te,
- adorámus te,
- glorificámus te,
- grátias ágimus tibi propter magnam glóriam tuam,
- Dómine Deus, Rex cæléstis,
- Deus Pater omnípotens.
- Dómine Fili Unigénite, Iesu Christe,
- Dómine Deus, Agnus Dei, Fílius Patris,
- qui tollis peccáta mundi, miserére nobis;
- qui tollis peccáta mundi, súscipe deprecatiónem nostram.
- Qui sedes ad déxteram Patris, miserére nobis.
- Quóniam tu solus Sanctus, tu solus Dóminus, tu solus Altíssimus,
- Iesu Christe, cum Sancto Spíritu: in glória Dei Patris. Amen.
(Et cum spiritu tuo.)